chat with a 16 years old mother Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Yesterday I was given an opportunity to chat with a girl
She is 16 from California, looks like a normal girl to me
Until she told me she is a mother
Yup a mother of a 4 year old girl
Damn
That mean she gave birth to her child when she was 12
“I almost die giving birth” she added
How could this be possible?
I am dazed
Doubt it, I kept asking her to clarify
Her response “You don’t know me and don’t know my life quit bugging me!”
Not to flame her anger further, I apologize
Later I got to know that
She work as waitress and 2 other part time job to support herself and the baby
They live together in an apartment she bought by herself

“It’s kind of sad that I couldn’t live a normal life, but I brought myself to this position”

She amazes me
16, a mother, independent and responsible
Compared to some Malaysian, where babies can be found in trash and public toilet
What I adore most about her
She is willing to dealt with the consequences of the mistake she did
Not many people can do that
For me
Surely she makes me felt inferior
Even at 21 I am still bugging my parents’ for allowance
Ha-ha
I hope for the best to her and her baby

0 comments: